The Goldwater Institute seeks a Legal Programs Coordinator to join our team! The Program Coordinator will cultivate a national network of pro bono attorneys for the Goldwater Institute to assist litigation efforts in the promotion of liberty. This position will work closely with the Legal Programs Manager and reports to the Director of National Litigation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a national pro bono network by identifying private sector attorneys who can contribute to Goldwater’s litigation efforts.
- Maintain and build relationships with private sector attorneys and law firms to grow the pro bono network.
- Identify and evaluate potential cases for consideration and referral processes for the network
- Develop marketing strategies in conjunction with Goldwater’s Communications team to identify and communicate with attorneys and law firms regarding the network’s mission, efforts and developments.
- Coordinate communications between Goldwater attorneys and public interest attorneys in similar practice areas throughout the country.
- Assist in developing and coordinating Goldwater-hosted trainings for public interest litigators.
- Coordinate other litigation trainings, events and seminars, including continuing legal education programs and online training tools.
- Provide other support as directed by the litigation department management.
- Some travel will be required.
- The ideal candidate will have a highly entrepreneurial spirit with 3+ years of experience, including program or project development experience.
- It is not required that the applicant be an attorney, but legal experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to cultivate and develop relationships with law firms, pro bono attorneys, and other public interest organizations.
- Strong philosophical alignment with Goldwater’s mission.
- Candidates located in Arizona strongly preferred.
The Goldwater Institute offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. Please submit resumes and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. No phone calls please.