The Arizona Constitution is full of untapped potential for protecting freedom. Whether that potential will be realized depends not only on the cases and arguments brought by skilled advocates, but also on the decisions of the judges who interpret the unique provisions of our constitution. The Goldwater Institute held a vibrant discussion featuring two of Arizona’s leading constitutional litigators, along with Arizona Supreme Court Chief Justice Ruth V. McGregor and justices from two other state supreme courts who have pioneered the independent interpretation of their state constitutions.
- Arizona State University Law Professor Paul Bender
- Goldwater Institute Litigation Director Clint Bolick
- Michigan Supreme Court Justice Maura Corrigan
- Arizona Supreme Court Chief Justice Ruth V. McGregor
- Washington Supreme Court Justice Richard Sanders
- Former Arizona Attorney General Grant Woods